Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Celebrating the Big B

Yesterday celebration was a quiet one. Maureen and I went for some Italian Food at La Porchetta. It is well known for it good food and value for money price. Glen Waverley La Porchetta, is owned by Patrick & Vincent. I got to know them when we happen to visit the restaurant on the first day of their opening.
One summer, I saw this little Fiat Bambi park outside a gelati shop. I love Fiat cars and was looking all over Bambi. Then, appear Patrick, he is the owner of Bambi, and we got talking about cars. Patrick used to a motor mechanic before he venture into food business.
At La Porchetta, I had sea food basket followed by a cup of cholocate. The seafood basket has 2 fish fillets, 4 large prawns, 7 calamari rings and 4 scallops served with fresh salad and fried chips. Maureen had Beef Steak top with prawns & creamy sauce served with steamed seasonal vegetables and fried chips and followed with a cup of cappuccino. Then, we had a Pizza half original (Homemade Tomato Sauce base, mozzarella, lean pork sausage, basil, oil) and half Margherita (Homemade Tomato Sauce base, mozzarella and oregano) takeaway for tomorrow lunch.
While we were there, there was a group of teenagers celebrating a birthday. When the food came, there was hush followed by a confident young lady giving thanks for the food followed by a loud amen from the group.
10 minutes later, 2 gentlemen came in and sat at the next table. When the food came the younger gave thanks for the food. It was so refreshing to see Christians making its mark in public places through simple gesture of thanking the Almighty for his providence.
I got a sling bag and a CD of guitar music from Maureen. The sling bag for me to put my camera, notebook, mobile phone, memory card etc. when I am out taking picture and making note. And the CD to listen when I am driving or blogging.

I was too embarrassed to take picture of the food. Paiseh, lah.

It was a quiet satisfying night. Burrp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter