Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kodak Moments

One day in one of our Marketing Course lecture, the lecturer gave us an interesting question. “What do the Kodak company market”, he asked. A few hands shot up.

“Photograph paper”

“Kodak Film”

“Camera”

“Disposable Camera”

“Chemical for film processing”, answered the few.

The lecturer answered,”Yes, they do sell that stuff, but the main thing the company market is memories”.

In the early fifties and sixties, cameras were expensive, so are photography papers, chemical and processing. Even they were expensive, Dad make sure each of his children have a record of their childhood.

When Dad passed away, we went through his stuffs and found he had a collection of photographs and other things that we used to have when we were young. Stuffs we thought were useless. Running through his collection, there was photograph collection of our childhood.

We ran through them and found we were laughing at ourselves and reminiscing over the old days.

10 month old

My personal photo albums were kept by Dad among his collection. I took it back with me to Down Under.

Yesterday I leafed through some old photo albums and photographs that would have been lost if not for Dad foresight.

2 years old

As I looked through them, my eyes welled with tear, bringing back memories. Even though we were poor, we have happy childhood. Some of my childhood pictures makes me cringed looking at myself. I often wondered when my uncles & aunties used to remark that I get more “lang chai” (handsome) as I grow older. The childhood photographs answered the question. My sisters used to tease me that I have a serious face. I guess there are right.

3 years old

So when you look at a photograph, what do you see? Photograph paper? Camera? Film? Memories?

Dad, thanks the memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter