Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Friday, March 02, 2007

My Niki


After taking some pictures for my previous post titled “Dodol and the thought that counts”, my Nikon Camera (Niki) decided it was probably too stressful working for me. So it died on me the next day.

Me being me refused to accept the fact that Niki would died so suddenly. There were no symptoms or any impending indications that Niki was not happy or stressful. I like to think Niki was very happy with me. Niki had travelled with me to many places and always in a cosy corner of my haversack away from the rain, the harsh sun and wind. Niki is always beside me. Sometime my wife thinks I looked after Niki much better than her.

Since I love Niki so much I decided to have her fixed. Don’t ask me why it is her and not he, ok? I rang around three reputable camera repairers and explained in details about the failure. All I wanted was an approximate quote so I can decide whether it is worth to have Niki fixed or get a brand new camera. All three come to the conclusion it is either the CCD or the shutters is not working. In my own test I believe the shutter is fine and the CCD had failed but either way none of the repairers are willing to give me an approximately price. It would cost me a fee between $55 to $80 to look at it before they could give me a price. If I proceed with the repair, they will waive off the fee and if I decline it will cost me $55 to $80. What if the quoted price is more or slightly less than a new camera? If that is the case, it would be better to get a new camera, don’t you think? Then, I would lose $55 to $80 for nothing. Would you give good, hard earned cash for nothing?

Not wanting to give up easily, I decided to surf the net to find out if this fault is a common fault for this camera and for anyone who is willing to give a quote without a fee. After reading a few articles at the forum, I found that there were problems with the CCD on some model of Nikon cameras. After a few hour digging here and there I found an article in Nikon website (that was not very obvious) that describe the faults, which Niki had. It also tells Nikon owners who had such faults to return the camera to them for repair. It will be repaired free of charge. I was beaming with joy and excitement. I quickly packed up my camera and posted it out this morning. Yes, in a week or more Niki will be with me again. Yeah!

So it you ever have problems with your camera, check the website and do some research before throwing your hard cash away.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter