Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Friday, April 27, 2007

Love is Crazy

I was reading a post by one of my favourite blogger and it got me smiling. She is humorous and holds back no punches on what she wants and wants to say. I always love someone with a little wicked humour and a bit “siaw”.

Anyway it got me drifting back to my teenage years. I am like her every now and then wondering or should I say dreaming about my future life partner. You wonder what she will be like, when will she come into my life and how will we get along?

I do have many "girlfriends" but not steady ones. While schooling, I get to know my sister’s classmates but they don’t seems to attract me and I was shy to get to know them better anyway.

After I left school and went out to work, living with my Aunty in Klang, I got to meet more girls in the church youth group. But I was rather shy to get to know them better. I would blushed if one of the girls would speak to me, I would be lost for words and stammered in my reply. That was how shy I was.

My friends used to tell me “faint heart wins no fair lady”. To overcome my shyness, my friends would organize outing in groups and slowly my shyness begin to dissipate. Slowly, I overcame my fear. Going out in a group had it advantage. People tends to lose their guards when they are relax and among their peers. It gives you opportunities to gauge their real behaviour and see the real person when their guards were down.

Going out in group is one thing but going out steady is another story. Trying to get the girl you like out on a date is a different story. There was always a “no” and it hurts. My house mates use to tease each other when there is a rejection. It was a standing joke to say “Long Piak” (hitting a brick wall). The irony was, we live in a rented double storey house opposite a retaining wall divided by the road, making it easy to “Long Piak”.

Slowly my confidence began to ebb away and began to wonder whether you will slowly withered away alone. Off course, I, being a Christian began to seek divine help. Every night, I would pray to God to give me a wonderful girl. As I pass 25 I began to wonder whether God heard my prayer or whether he is so busy doing other more important things than to hear pittance request. One of my house mates chided me for wasting God’s time. By then, I was pissed off and told my house mate about Abraham sending his servant back to his kampong to look for a wife for his son, Isaac. It was a tall order trying to find a good wife for the Master’s son. What if he is unable to find a wife or manage to find a “Chair Kai” woman for his master’s son, surely his master will punished him. The servant prayed and turned to God for help and asked for a sign. God heard him and found Isaac a wonderful wife.

By then, after a few broken, shattered heart, especially by the Girl from Kampar, I was resigned to live a single life and decide to live my life to the fullest as possible without a life partner. Hey, was I choosy? I don’t think so. I don’t like girls who are loud, smokes, swears, rough and selfish. I want my future partner to be humorous yet can be serious, sweet and serene, soft spoken yet confident, kind and gentle, who will accept me wart and all for who I am. And most all she must be a Christian and love the Lord with all her heart. Was that too much to ask? Oh, if she is beautiful, that will be an asset!

So merrily I went my way but the good Lord seems to have a good sense of humour. He moved me to another job and it was at this new place I found a girl of my dream. She is what I wanted her to be and she is beautiful, too. With his wicked sense of humour, the good Lord added a twist to this love story but I won’t be telling you. It has to wait for another day. After 2 years of “Pak Tor” we got married. The moral of the story is don’t look too hard, do not worry about tomorrow, live each day and out of the blue your dream partner will appear when the time is right.

Here is another irony. When I got married, some of the girls from my church which I used to be interested complained to my friend’s wife, why do all our young men from the church marrying girls from other churches? My friend’s wife later confide in me. These very same girls who complained, rejected my approach because I was poor, not a uni graduate and was not holding a highly paid post, got no car and see no future in me.

It was in the later years I asked my wife, a secretary to the managing director, why she married me, a poor design draftman, when she could have married someone with higher position and offered her security. She replied, “It is because I see a good man in you and that was all it mattered to me.” That was enough for me, after all love is crazy, isn’t it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for our wife:

Proverbs 31:

10 [c] A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

AMEN

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter