Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Monday, May 29, 2006

Bunning Warehouse



I wanted to combine Bunning warehouse in the previous post, but on the 2nd thought I thought it would be nicer to post it here.

Bunning Warehouse was founded in 1886. The company is 120 years old and have warehouses in every states. It stock almost everything and it is the handyman paradise. They employ trademen to work in the warehouses and are qualified to give you advises for your projects. You can also pick up brochures giving you tips and tricks for your projects. Not only that, you can also download "How to brochures" from their website. Ah Pek, are you reading this? I hope there are some ideas and "tipsy" that you can adapt to suit the local conditions.

2 month ago, our kitchen flip tap was leaking badly. We wanted to get plumber out to fix it. It would cost us at least $120 minimum for his labour and $80 to $100 for the tap. So I decided to do it myself. I got under the sink and make a mental note and a sketch of the connections. Went to Bunning near my place and looked for the plumbing section. I could not find a trademan or flip taps. They were doing a stock take. So I went to another branch and they have a wide range of flip taps. It was a hard choice, different brands, different prices, different finishings. Chose a mid range priced, chromed tap and showed the trademan my quick sketch. He then advised what fittings were required.

I came back, armed with all the necessary fittings, tap and flexible hoses. Then, I went to work under the sink and proceed dismantle the fittings and tap from the sink.. It took me an hour to remove the leaking tap and replace it with a new tap, fittings and new flexible hoses. New tap cost me $60, fittings $5, 2 flexible hose $15. Total cost $80. A saving of $120. Hmm, very satisfying.

Next project? Tiling the laundry room. I have been procastinating. Any Volunteers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter