Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Good Medicine

I was busy writing an article last week and in passing I heard the presenter from the TV show “What’s good for you” quoted some writings by King Solomon. She, then, goes to say a happy, cheerful and merry heart can help you live longer and can prevent heart attack. Scientific test has proven it is so.

So I quickly get the Bible out and look for the verse. It is in the book of Proverb 17:22.

“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.”

A responsible blogger like me, love my readers and wants them to be happy and live longer. I want them to keep coming and coming to read my blog. So today, I will not bore you with a lengthy serious post. I will post a joke, a small joke only, to make you laugh and keep you happy. OK!


A reporter on a religious newspaper was polling religious beliefs of the world leaders and sought an interview with Bill Clinton.

He was shown into the Oval Office and was impressed to see among the bank of phones with Hotlines to Britain, Russia and the Pentagon, a purple phone on the end.

“That’s my direct to God,” said Clinton.

“Gosh,” said the reporter. ”How much does it cost to call God?”

“Oh, just on a thousand dollars a minute, but the communication is essential.”

Benjamin Netanyahu was the reporter’s next assignment and in the Prime Minister’s office in Tel Aviv, he noticed another purple phone among the rest.

“No doubt that is a direct line to God?” said the reporter.

“Indeed it is,” replied Peres.

“How much does it cost?”

“Oh, about thirty cents, I think,” said Peres

“But it costs the US President just over a thousand,”

“Ah yes,” said Netanyahu, “but from here it is a local call.”




Did you have a good laugh or not? If not try harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter