Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Curry Chicken for Dinner or Headaches?

This morning as I was about to leave the house, my wife told me she will be bringing out the chicken from the freezer to be defrosted.

While driving to work, I was wondering how I should cook the chicken. Roast, stew, stirred fried or chicken curry?

In the end, I decided I will cook Curry Chicken tonight.

Curry is always my favourite dish and I can eat it everyday. Some of my friends who cannot eat spicy food tell me hot spicy food is no good for you. They believe spicy food causes gastric, ulcer, constipation or indigestion. But I hate to disagree.

Whenever I have sore throat, I eat more spicy food and it helps to clear my throat and my cough.

Now, do you know spicy foods also help you to lose weights? It stimulates and increases the body metabolism.

“Spices – especially the ones used in the Indian cuisine – stimulate the body's metabolism and accelerate the process called thermogenesis. Thermogenesis process takes places when the fat from the body is naturally used to produce body heat. The same happens when we go to the gym or other forms of exercising.”

Source

“Perspiring while eating a spicy dinner in front of the TV can also help you shed those calories. The essential ingredients of spicy food actually burn calories. Red chilli pepper, for example, contains capsaicin which gives the pepper its spicy taste and boosts our body’s temperature, therefore burning more energy. Ginger has the same effect, while black pepper and mixed spice boost metabolism. Chillies themselves contain a healthy mix of vitamins B and C and are high in potassium, magnesium and iron.

Source

Now, wait there is more. This was in this morning news.

“EATING curry may be a better cure for headaches than aspirin tablets.

A study funded by Scottish authorities found salicylic acid, the active ingredient in aspirin, occurred naturally in Indian food, and that curry could help treat migraines and prevent colon cancers.

Spices such as cumin, turmeric and paprika, all of which are used in curries, were particularly rich sources of salicylic acid, the study showed.”

Source

Recently, one blogger celebrated her birthday and the curry chicken picture she posted look so yummy. I almost licked my LCD screen. If she is reading this, can I have the Chicken Curry recipe, please?

2 Comments:

Blogger titoki said...

Hahaha. I gotto ask mom first. ;)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Silent Reader said...

Yes, please ask yr mum. Her curry look delicious. Now I know where yr cooking skill come from. Thanks for asking. Send my thanks to yr mum.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter