Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Friday, August 18, 2006

The Book Man

Well, I do not know what to call him except “The Book Man”. He come to the office every 2 weeks or so and placed some books, CD and toys for sales out in the foyer. Anyone wanting to purchase any of the displayed items would just place his or her name against the item in the form provided. In the next trip back, he checks the form and sells you what you want. It is straight out of his stock in his van.

First I know it is a franchised business. On top of his royalty to the company, his transport expenses, his loan etc. I often wonder how much money he makes. The past 3 years I have been in this company I hardly seen anything been sold. If anything is sold it is never more than $30. I supposed it you have 100 – 200 company to service and each week you sell 100 – 200 items you might make some money.

Most books are cooking books, art and craft, travel novels and children books. Now and then there are some children toys. Sometimes you can get good books and CD’s at a bargain price. I have bought a few cookbooks and CDs in the past few years.


In my last work place, books, toys or CDs went missing from the foyer. It is a public place with customers and staffs moving in and out. If it is missing, it always ended up with the receptionist paying for the lost items. Frustrated having to bear the loss, she would put away the displayed goods into the cupboard. Now if every receptionist does the same thing, I wonder how on earth will there be any sales.

Honestly, if there is money to be made I think this will be a good job. No stress and no worries. But then again, we always think the neighbour grass is greener.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter