Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Friday, January 26, 2007

Necessity is the Mother of Invention


I bought myself a webcam on Thursday. So I started setting it up the same night. This webcam is a clipped on camera suitable for the notebook computer and I was unable to clip it on my desk top LCD monitor.
Since I used the desktop computer more when I am at home, I was obviously disappointed that the webcam could not be clipped on to the LCD monitor. This call for necessary action to make it work.
After a few minutes cracking the brain and looking for the necessary material at hand, I came up with an idea. There was a cork from an open bottle of wine on the table. I took it and cut it down 25mm long and slot out each end approx. 10mm deep leaving a 12mm wide shank. Then I drill a hole of 6mm diameter with a 5mm depth at the base of the cork.



Got a piece of blue tack and pressed into the drilled hole of the cork and flattened the base. Then I pressed the cork with blue tack, pressed it down and stuck it to top of the LCD monitor.
I took the camera and clipped on the shank of the cork. Whoila, it worked. I am good, don't you think so? Macham MacGyver, so inventive.


The moment of truth was to test the contraption. I fired up the computer, logged into skype and rang Francis, my BIL, since he was online and tested the webcam. We chatted for over 2 hours late into the night with the webcam sitting properly on the LCD monitor. I was so happy it worked.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok MacGyver Ong.

5:07 AM  
Blogger sadsarcasm said...

lmao!! Wow..u're really a very creative person... *thumbs up*
Keep it up~

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter