Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Friday, April 11, 2008

Hong Kong In A Hurry

After the wedding and a heavy dinner, we reach home late in the night. Instead of having an early night after a long day, we were packing for tomorrow trip to Hong Kong. With little or no sleep we left for the airport early next morning.

The flight to Hong Kong was pleasant without any delay except for MAS services. When we checked in as a group, we told the ticketing officer to put us in a row of 2 by the windows but the silly girl did not do it. We checked our sitting arrangement and complained but she replied it was too late to change once the boarding passes are issued. We were furious and could do nothing. I guess that was the standard of MAS services. There were 11 of us in the flight sitting all over the plane. The food was crap, too.

I am always skeptical about Hong Kong. Having heard of many people bad experiences, I always have a bad impression of HK. So without doubt, I wondered whether I will enjoy HK. We have decided not to visit all the touristy places like Disneyland or theme parks etc but to move around like the locals and go where the locals goes, eat where the locals eat, shop where the local shops.

The first impression was I do not like Hong Kong airport. It was dull and unlively. The think it has to be the choice of paintwork colour combined with the uninteresting architecture and decorations.

I must admit I am impressed with their public transports. It was efficient and always on time. Their trams are small, double deck, colourfully decorated and always crowded.

Signs were well lighted and placed and we have no problem travelling in HK. One thing though, people are always in a hurry and in a rush pushing their way through without “please or thank you.”

Food wise, I must agree the food are good and I enjoyed eating in HK but be careful some places can be exceptionally expensive. Always check the prices.

As for shopping, I do not think things are cheaper unless it is on sales. I compared some prices and it is comparably with prices over here or in KL. So I did not buy anything in HK. In fact the cameras are more expensive and in the end I got a new spanking digital camera in KL at a much lower price.


HK is clean and safe but still you need to be wary of pick pockets in crowded places especially street markets. One thing for sure HK won’t be dull especially it has plenty of night lives.

Language wise, my Cantonese may not be good but with sprinkle of English and a good map I can move around freely Well, I do not mind going to HK again but it won’t be my top priority at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter