Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Saturday, December 22, 2007

20 Years Too Long

Yesterday I was reminded how time flies. It seem it was like only yesterday I came to live in this wonderful country.
Under the wet, windy and humid weather I drove with my sister, my BIL and my wife into the city for a rendezvous. My cousin sister came over with the family to attend her eldest daughter graduation and she bought a surprise along with her. A Christmas surprise actually. When we walked into the restaurant I saw my Aunty. I was surprised to see her. She still look good for her age - 80 years old I think.
I greeted her " Sar Chim" (3rd Aunty) and she was quite surprise. She asked " Lu si Cui Cui.?" (That is in hokkien "Who are you"). I told her who I was and she was surprised it was me. She could not recognised me. I guess as I grow older, I am more handsomer. Ha, ha, ha. Then she remarked, "You look like your Dad". Ouch! My dad is handsomer, lah!
20 years + ago, seven days before I departed for Down Under, at my Eldest brother wedding, was the last time I saw her. At the wedding, I told her I will be leaving for Australia.
Yesterday she told me she thought at that time I was joking because she knows I love to joke and did not take me seriously. It was good to catch up with her even though it was for a short time. She was one of the few Aunties that I can communicate with.
Yes, 20 years passed so quickly and way to long. I guess it is a timely reminder to catch up with all the aging uncles and aunties before they are call home to be with the Lord. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Goh said...

While shopping at Coles Supermarket last night 23/12/2007, I heard a group of people (4, I think) in the next aisle, talking about making 'lemon lime bitter' drink. Was that you and your wife and some relatives? I heard the women folks spoke in Teochew...

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter