Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Listen To Your Wife

My wife loves eating prawn heads. Her sibling and myself are alway fascinated with her love of prawn heads and we would alway teased her about.



But she does not care. I always tell her, " It is no good for you, high cholesterol, dear."
She would tell me, "You don't know what you are missing."
Last week an article in the newspaper caught my eye and I thought it would be fun to email it to my wife and her sister.

Below is the article.

A prawn's head good for health

November 15, 2007 07:12am

Article from: The Daily Telegraph

PRAWN heads contain a powerful antioxidant useful to humans and a technique has been perfected to extract it.

The antioxidant triggering the red colouring in cooked prawns, astaxanthin, also plays an important role in protecting human cells from damage.

It also is 10 times stronger than more common antioxidants found in fruit and vegetables.

While researchers had known of the existence of astaxanthin in prawn shells, they hadn't found an effective way to extract it.

A PhD student from the University of NSW, Renuka Karuppuswamy, has solved the problem.

Using carbon dioxide held under specific pressure and temperature measurements, she extract it from prawn shells, meaning commercial-scale extraction could now be a possibility.


Here is my SIL reply

"Now we all know why your wife is so healthy".

and here is my wife reply.

"Hi It's me.

Just read yr mail. Its interesting isn't it. Now I can eat more prawn heads. You should start eating them too, and other stuffs I recommended. Listen to yr wife!

Love"

Me.......speechless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter