Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Flooded Out

Today the sky opened up. The rain came with a vengeance bringing hail stones with it.


Traffic almost came to a stop and it took me over one and a half hour , what normally takes about 20 to 25 minutes, to get home , having to detour round flooded roads.
When I reached home, the road in front of my home was flooded out. Both my opposite neighbours home were flooded. I have to park my car up the street, take my shoes and socks off, rolled up my pants and walk through the flood water to get home.



Eighteen years ago, it rained heavily and flooded the street and my opposite neighbours home. My car parked in the street was flooded up to the seat. We were ready to leave that New Year Eve evening for a party in Geelong and we have to cancel the trip.
More bad weather were predicted for tomorrow and it looks like we will have a wet Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter