Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Monday, February 12, 2007

Catching Up

I am waiting to give my colleague a lift home. He lives just round the corner where I live. Just before last weekend he fractured his ankle while playing footy (Australian football). So I decide to blog a bit while waiting for him.
On the work front I am catching up and hopefully by this weekend, I can breathe a bit easier.
Yesterday I manage to catch with with Mum on Skype after a few tries. She look older and her hair are whiter. But her sense of humour is still there. Like me, we were people of few words and after some pleasantry greetings and how are you, we are lost for words.
Suddenly Mum began asked about my Angmoh goddaughter. She wants to know how I came about to have an Angmoh goddaughter?. Does she come to visit you often. etc? Does she eat Chinese food. Me went ??????????, huh?
I asked her how come you know so much about me?
She replied,"I read your blog".
Me,?????, "but you do not know English!"
Mum, "Aiseh, I get your brother or sister in law to translate and see the pictures you post up, lah."
Me, slap forehead and "pengsan". My wife was laughing her head off.
I guess I have to be careful what I write otherwise Mum might pick up the phone and tell me off, if I write something offensive or washing dirty linens in public.
Hee, hee, hee.
Yes, Mum if you are reading this, I promise to be a good boy.
That's all folk for today. Yippeedee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter