Choose a Free Piano Lesson Below and Press Go

Monday, June 25, 2007

Crippled!

The last time I played badminton was 15 years ago. Yesterday I decided to have a game of badminton with my friend, David, as one way of losing weight.
As I entered into the 1st half of the game chasing the bird (the shuttle cock, lah) I felt a snap and nearly felled. I could not stand flat on my left foot. Putting pressure on it brings pain to the heel of the foot. It was so painful I had to stopped. After resting for a while, I drove home. Luckily it was my left foot and the car is an automatic one.
It gave my wife a fright seeing me limping through the front door. I did not get any good sleep last night. This morning I saw the doctor, an Indian lady doctor. After she"so" my foot and a few pressure points here and there, she thinks I have Plantar Fasciitis. What the hell is that? Well, that was my question, too.
Plantar Fasciiitis is a common condition that causes pain under the heel of the foot. It is also known as "policeman's heel". The pain is usually situated about 5cm from the back of the hell on th sole of the feet. It occurs typically in people over the age of 40, especially if they start a running activity.


The pain will go away by itself in about 18 months, sometimes as early 6 months. Guess I will hobbling for a while.
To play safe that there are no broken bones or joints, the doctor had my foot x-rayed and the result will be known tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter